Friday, September 5, 2008

Opening Ceremonies streaming live

It looks like Opening Ceremonies will be streaming live on Universal sports (click the link) on Saturday morning about 8 am Eastern time. I wanted you all to know that before you go to bed.

Beijing has done a wonderful job transforming from the 2008 Olympic City to the 2008 Paralympic City. Even the road signs feature the Paralympic Village - not the Olympic Village. Advertising signage is now Paralympic not Olympic. This was all done in about a week I think. We can't really understand what the Chinese newscasters are saying on TV but they are featuring the Paralympians fairly often. Swimming is sold out! Glad we have our tickets.

Still figuring out which time zone I'm in. I am tired around 10 pm but keep waking up in the middle of night. Last night it was 2am, this morning 3:30 am. I tried to go back to sleep but it didn't work. Maybe I'll get a nap in today.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi, Terri!! Watching here from home... I saw Dave - how incredibly exciting, if only vicariously so... I yelled because i thought I saw you (yeah, like you could hear me, right?!) but the guy you were standing next to was decidedly NOT Tom or Zack - so I guess you have a doppelganger in Beijing! Please keep the details coming - loving reading about your adventures. Love to you all - please pass hugs around for me! xoxo, Cheryl

Scofields said...

Hey there,

I think I figured out how to post too!

I got up late so only able to watch the last part of the cremonies but enjoyed what I saw. I see now they are replaying so looking forward to seeing David!

I cried at the end of the opening..I can't imagine the emotion of being there!

Love you guys

Sus

christy bode said...

How come I cant find it on the website? I was hoping I could watch it once I got home from work :( let me know
thanks
Christy & Kyle Bode