Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Dropped 3

Today was 50 M butterfly. Dave was in lane one again - so we got to see him up close on the Jumbotron again. He dropped 3 seconds from his best time. Alas, he missed making the final by tenths of a second. He was 9th and finals are like regular swimming - top 8. We saw him afterwards. He was still pretty happy, then the Chinese saw him and started asking him if it was okay to take a picture. He did that for awhile - one lady wanted us in there, too. Kinda funny.

We rode the subway over to the Summer Palace. It was a very cool place - both in location and temperature. We think we lost Tom's cell phone there. I have a message into our landlord to see if he can call over there and maybe recover it for us.

So the highs and lows of Wednesday in Beijing.

1 comment:

international bug lovers of the world club said...

Hi Terri. This is Annie Hagert, Zack mother and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate reading your blog, learning about this tremendous event your son is a part of, and keeping tabs on my son!
Thanks for your observations, wit and organization to set this up !
I wish Dave all the luck as he swims along.. and next time I am in Denver to see my sister, perhaps we can meet up>
Annie Hagert