Friday, September 10, 2010

Seasonal Changes

I started my New Year's resolution 9 months late. Kind of like a pregnancy...had to let the seed take root and come to fruition 9 months later. I started a weight training regimin. I did this years ago and saw good results. I can do this at home with my very own weight bench. It has been kind of fun even though various muscle groups are in states of ache.

I do this in my upstairs room of my 2 story home. I get to look out on the cornfield behind my home. When I started this journey the field was a sea of green with sparkles of gold. Watching the wind play across the tops of the corn is as delightful as watching the ocean. Thank you, David, for pointing that out to me!

Yesterday, as I looked out, I could see some of the corn was maturing - turning gold! It came as a big surprise to me that "field" corn isn't picked green - it has to mature and dry out. Then is is harvested and stored in silos until needed. We have an ethynol plant in Torrington so some of this corn might feed our cars bellies instead of cow's bellies.

Today as I was grunting through my weights I looked out and overnight the mostly green field is now gold with bits of green! Wow, that happened fast! When it is time to mature in the corn world it seems to do so overnight. Always learning something new.

No comments: