Monday, May 23, 2016

More James time

I had hoped the days wouldn't run together but they seem to.  It has been non-stop playing or watching sumpin on TV.  His favorite is Wonder Pets.  His mom hates Wonder Pets she told me yesterday.  Karyn, do you remember all those times you told me you hated me?  Revenge can be sweet.  (I kinda of like Wonder Pets, the tunes are getting annoying though)

James has been pretty compliant about putting his toys back in the clubhouse when he is done with them.  He doesn't really like staying in the clubhouse but he likes getting his toys out of there and putting them back.  He makes me smile with his sweet voice and the lilt he has at the end of his sentences when he is hoping I'll do something with him.  Being called Grandma, grandma, grandma at the beginning of each sentence is wearing thin, though.

This boys wakes up at 5:30 every morning!  Sunday morning he was at the table playing with playdoh.  I told him it wasn't happening for me until I had coffee!  He ate cereal for breakfast but I didn't have enough kid kinds, we mixed 3 different kinds up.  One box had cereal with strawberried on it.  He had to have strawberries.  Karyn had given me some strawberries for his snack in the car.  With some careful carving I found enough that was still good.  Cereal went down like a charm.

His Sunday shirt was wrinkled.  I have a little iron and little ironing board set up.  While I ironed his shirt he "ironed" his pants.  He was a fancy looking boy by the time we left.

No arguments about church and Sunday School.  I forgot to put together the Sunday back of water, treats, books, and colors.  Church had the colors and the Handy Dandy Notebook (from Blues Clues.)  He drew a rocket ship and sent it flying toward the sky, he almost put out Ggma's eye with that one.  She didn't snap.  I was proud of her and moved James on the other side of me.  He was kind of wiggly but kept fairly quiet.  He raced up to hear Pastor's Children message and did a great job sitting still up there.

After church, he got his treat in the fellowship hall.  He raced out to play on the playground, finished his snack and WE went to Sunday School.  I stayed with him.  He did a pretty good job there, too, but I know the Sunday School teacher who was a sub for the class was glad I was there.  Tough class, 3 kids but ages 3, 5, and 6.  James kept up with some help and letting him do his own thing with the instructions.  Choose your battles.

In the afternoon, we went to Boppa's work and took him a picnic.  Boppa's work is the property we bought outside of town.  The quonset hut has a half court basketball court in it.  James has remembered this and wanted to play basketball.  Boppa put up a basket that was about his height so he was making some nice shots.  Then he wanted to sit on the ATV, go into the camper, drive the boat, sit on the tractor, dig dirt, poop in the dirt (he actually did that part very well - I however, was scrambling for wiping material) cover the poop with the dirt, watched Charlie play with a mouse, and have a picnic.

With all of that, naptime wasn't too much of a battle.  After naptime, the Legos came out.  He built a race car, I just played and let the Legos decide what they wanted to be.  It was kind of fun.  Spaghetti for supper, watching sumpin, and bedtime in there eventually.

No snuggles Monday morning but he stayed in bed until 6:07.  He wanted to watch sumpin'.  I found Thomas the Train - the Best of James.  He DID not want to watch this but soon he was and ate all the marshmallows out of his Star Wars cereal that we bought yesterday. He soon wanted to play but I did the first you have to eat your cereal then I will play routine.  He was being stubborn but no melt downs.  While he was playing without me, I had some quiet time, and got a few things started.  I don't think I'll ever get much done completely while he is around. Eventually he went back and ate his cereal.  He cannot wait until he is 4!  4 means he gets to take Tae Kwon Doh.  So I started with eat 3 bites because you are 3.  Eat 4 bites because then you can take Tae Kwon Doh.  I found something special for each age - 5 - Kindergarten, 6 - baseball, 7 - basketball, 8 - riding his bike, 9 - plays the piano, 10 - stay with Uncle Dave all by himself.  He loved this and played it until his cereal was eaten up.

During my time of quiet, I made a batch of brownies and we took them over to Ggma's for a coffee break.  I brought his Legos and race cars.  We had a brownie, coffee or chocolate milk, entertained Ggma for awhile.  Ggma and James tooks the trash to the dumpster.  We stayed about two hours.

More fun and games, another nap, playground, bath and shampoo (which went better) and off to bed. Yawn!  And that's where I'm headed too because 5:30 is awfully early.  I think his mother is starting to miss him.

No comments: